Saturday, November 13, 2010

Volleyball, Rock Climbing and Kayaking, Oh My! (by Tara)

So, like, isn't it time for an update on what you guys are up to this weekend? 

It totally is time for an update! It has been a great week filled with activities and our weekend is not over yet! Today we went to a rock climbing gym. We needed to retake our belaying test to prove to them that we know what we are doing. Our tester kept wanting us to sing while climbing, but who can think about lyrics when trying to stay on a wall?! Plus it wasn't Beyonce so I didn't know the words!

Neil on the Bouldering Wall
 
Wow that looks cool, if you're into that kind of thing. Anyway, Tara, I heard that you signed up to a volleyball team?

The rumors are true! I have joined a volleyball team! We are called the Hit Eating Grinners and we play every Wednesday at UBC. We play against two different teams and after 6 weeks we have our playoffs! It had been a long time since I had played but it went well and I had a lot of fun!

That's, like, totally awesome! What else are you doing this weekend?

Well as mentioned in the last post by Neil we have started whitewater kayaking and we are going to go again tomorrow. I was pretty nervous last time and got a lot of water up my nose from practicing tipping, but I am excited to get back out there!(plus I bought nose plugs...)

Okay, okay, this post is getting pretty long, try to sum it up already!

So this week we are finally going to be getting our furniture which is very exciting. We are currently using our blowup mattress as a couch! Also we won a free month at the Steve Nash Fitness World! It was pretty nice and is close by. We will see how the month goes and decide if we want to continue there or not.

That's all for now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment